The Administration of Parliament is led by the Chief Administrator of Parliament, Diplomatic and Administrative Officer Grade JUSA C who is responsible for the administration and financial affairs. He is assisted by two (2) Secretaries of The House; Secretary of The Senate and Secretary of the House of Representatives. The Secretary of the Senate is responsible for all affairs related to the Senate while the Secretary of the House of Representatives is responsible for all affairs related to the House of Representatives.
The Secretariat of Parliament of Malaysia consists of ten (10) divisions which are made up of 353 positions shown as below:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
ORGANIZATION CHART OF THE DIVISION
FUNCTION OF THE DIVISION
- Coordinating the Development, Implementation, Enhancement and Maintenance of the Department’s Applications.
- Managing Operations, Monitoring, Technical Assistance, Standard Compliance and ICT expertise for the proceedings of the House of Representatives and The Senate.
- Ensuring Network Systems, ICT Security and Department’s Data Centre is operating in properly and effective manner.
- Ensure services and usage of ICT resources can be utilized continuously.
- Organise the department’s ICT Steering Committee Meeting (JPICT) and coordinates the financial management of ICT.
- Ensure the continuity of ICT Knowledge Development through Technology Update, Transfer of Technology (TOT) and training.
- To manage the acquisition, rental and maintenance of equipment and the Department’s ICT software.