The Administration of Parliament is led by the Chief Administrator of Parliament, Diplomatic and Administrative Officer Grade JUSA C who is responsible for the administration and financial affairs. He is assisted by two (2) Secretaries of The House; Secretary of The Senate and Secretary of the House of Representatives. The Secretary of the Senate is responsible for all affairs related to the Senate while the Secretary of the House of Representatives is responsible for all affairs related to the House of Representatives.
The Secretariat of Parliament of Malaysia consists of ten (10) divisions which are made up of 353 positions shown as below:
MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT AFFAIR DIVISION
ORGANISATION CHART OF THE DIVISION
FUNCTION OF THE DIVISION
- Management of the appointment and termination of the service of MPs.
- Management of the issuance / discontinuation of monthly allowance for MPs including the Monthly Allowance, Entertainment Allowance, Fixed Monthly Travelling Allowance, Fixed Car Driver Allowance, Special Payment and Telephone Allowance.
- Management services including updating of MPs’ service record.
- Management of the payment of Monthly Claims for Official Duties Discharged In / Or Out For MPs including Mileage Claim, Hotel Charges, Daily Living Allowances and other miscellaneous expenses (public transport fares, telephone / telegram fees, laundry expenses, airport taxes, excess baggage charges, parking fees and tolls) and Meal Allowance For Official Duties Overseas and Warm Clothing Allowance.
- Management of the facilities and allowances for MPs during parliament sittings including the payment of Meeting Allowance and travel entitlement when the Parliament is in session (every weekend) and the booking and payment of flight tickets for MPs who fly to Peninsula.
- Management of the facilities and privileges for Members of Parliament including the issuance of parliamentarian card, provision of car badge, free train pass, free motor vehicle license, free firearm license, provision of computer, official ceremonial clothing allowance, vehicle loan, housing loan and computer loan.
- Management of medical facilities for MPs and former MPs.
- Management on updating of MPs’ personal and contact information.
- Management of accommodation facilities using Special Imprest Payment.
- Management of salary, allowance, benefit and claim for official duties discharged in / outside the country by the Speaker of the House and Deputy Speaker of the House.